One of the most essential factors to consider when developing an eCommerce site is which platform to utilize as a content management system (CMS). This is the tool that will be featured beneath your website’s dashboard. It enables you to create and manage different products.
The majority of the top 100,000 eCommerce websites, as well as the majority of all eCommerce websites on the Internet, are powered by WooCommerce, Shopify, and Magento. WooCommerce has millions of active websites, Shopify has 500,000 plus customers, and Magento has already had 250,000+ websites for quite some time. Many businesses have used or are contemplating adopting one of these platforms for their eCommerce website and company.
Each of them has distinct characteristics, strengths, and shortcomings. And we’ll show you all of the facts about these platforms, assisting you in selecting the best one for your company.
Image Source: SG Web Partners
WooCommerce is an excellent framework for selling products on your WordPress site. With over 74 million downloads, WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugin.
They also have hundreds of extensions that interface with services like Stripe, Amazon, Mailchimp, and Google Analytics. It’s the entire shebang. If you want to do more sophisticated things, it’s completely developer-friendly. WooCommerce is also one of the most user-friendly inventory management, customer rating, live chat, order fulfillment, and other solutions.
It is built from the bottom up to be simple to use while yet providing a good level of functionality, making it a good all-arounder and one of the primary rivals in the market.
Salient Features Of WooCommerce
- Customization is unrestricted
- Product Categories are Easy to Manage
- Attributes And Tags
- Product Reviews And Ratings
- Sorting and filtering of products
- Currency, Language, and Measurement Units Can Be Added To Any Location
Why Use WooCommerce?
- It is completely free to download and use.
- Design alternatives that are simple and effective.
- Search engine optimization friendly.
- It is simple to use even for non-tech businesses.
- WooCommerce Has An Active Developer Community.
Image Source: Far Shore
Shopify is yet another popular online shop platform that is excellent for small and medium-sized enterprises. UgMonk, Pipcorn, Taylor Stitch, Happiness Abscissa, Skinny Teatox, and HELM Boots have all selected Shopify as their platform of choice.
In general, the most appealing Shopify feature is the hassle-free approach. The platform is extremely user-friendly, with a drag-and-drop website creation interface. You may simply set up a full-fledged web store, or you can choose the Lite plan Shopify button if you only want significant commercial capabilities.
You can quickly create discount promo codes and gift cards for your consumers, advertise them on social media and build a large email list for the newsletter.
Salient Features Of Shopify
- Website, online store, and blog are all completely customizable.
- Customers’ data, product inventory, and bandwidth are all unlimited.
- Sell on additional sales platforms such as Pinterest and Amazon.
- All common payment channels are accepted.
- 3rd-party shipping software can help you automate your fulfillment process.
- Excellent customer service.
Why Use Shopify?
- Simple to set up and use
- Secure and dependable
- Mobile Compatibility
- Superb Loading Speed
- Excellent Customer Service
- Effective Marketing Tools
Image Source: Jazz Team
Magento is a well-known E-commerce platform that is well-suited for medium and large-scale commercial enterprises. It is a technologically advanced open source E-commerce platform with several features such as numerous extensions, content management capabilities, strong marketing tools, and so on.
Magento has a variety of built-in features. You may quickly switch between languages and currencies, add coupons, generate thorough reports, offer discounts to certain goods or returning customers, and so forth. Customers may post reviews and rate the products.
Furthermore, Magento allows you to establish many web stores and manage them all from a single admin panel. If you have many individuals managing your online business, you may give various responsibilities to programmers, managers, copywriters, and so on.
Salient Features Of Magento
- Catalog Management Customer Accounts Analytics and Reporting
- Order Administration
- Shipping & Payment
- Friendly to Search Engine Optimization
- Tools for Marketing and Promotion
- Suitable for mobile devices
Why Use Magento?
- Multifunctional Content Management
- Search Engine Optimization at its Finest
- Spacious and powerful
- Upsells and cross-sells are built-in
After thoroughly studying each eCommerce platform and detail and comparing them, we can conclude that each has its unique audience and strengths.
Despite the fact that there is no clear victor in our comparison, each platform has shown to be a viable contender. Finally, the one you choose as the answer for your eCommerce website will be determined by your specific goals, resources, and knowledge.